An investment management company is looking to hire an Assistant Vice President of Corporate Governance to join its existing legal team. In this position, you will report to the General Counsel of Real Estate and be responsible for general corporate matters, securities law filings and compliance, public capital markets, corporate governance, financings, and special projects, including strategic initiatives for the public companies we sponsor and advise.
While this role is a general corporate role, it will sit within the real estate group. As such, familiarity, and experience with legal matters relevant to real estate, as well as distribution of retail alternative investment management products, is highly preferable.
- 3+ years of securities and corporate experience, ideally with exposure to retail products and real estate
- Desire and ability to collaborate across multiple functions and departments
- Strong relationship building and management with internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- A solutions-oriented self-starter with the ability to see the big picture
- Innovative problem-solver and willingness to bring in new ideas
This role is a great opportunity to be part of a team oriented legal group and work at one of the largest investment managers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.