A corporate client is looking for an experienced SEC Attorney to join their team. In this position, you will prepare and review SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, S-8s and Section 16 filings, and ensure compliance with SEC and NYSE rules and regulations. Furthermore, you will collaborate with the finance department and advise on securities compliance.
- 7+ years’ experience, preferably at both a well-regarded law firm and in-house at a public company.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate and securities law (particularly SEC/NYSE reporting rules and regulations).
- Extensive background with public company reporting.
- Experience supporting the corporate secretarial function, including preparation of corporate governance policies, meeting agendas, and minutes.
- Experience in a fast-paced company, with a history of advising in real-time in meetings, including to the C-suite, providing accurate guidance and pragmatic solutions.
- Sound business judgment (not just legal sense) and a strong sense of ethics.
- Strong attention to detail and well-developed business acumen and financial literacy.
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to build effective relationships across corporate organizations.
- Ability to effectively communicate legal issues and make decisions within tight deadlines.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and cope well with change.