An international business consulting company is looking for a Senior Counsel to join their team. In this position, you will provide legal advice and counsel to all levels of corporate management.
This means that you will:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements including, but not limited to, complex software license, Software as a Service (SaaS), professional services and other agreements for the sale and distribution of the company’s software and SaaS offerings.
- Ensure compliance with legal, contractual, and risk management policies to minimize and limit corporate liability, manage risk, and optimize value of contracts.
- Recommend alternative actions as required to conform with corporate policies and strategies.
- Oversee compliance with applicable statues and regulations, review pertinent laws and regulations, and provide legal advice to select internal organizations.
- Represent company in administrative and judicial proceedings not handled by outside counsel
- Assist management with employment law concerns, contracts, claims and creating company policies.
- Create business legal reports and correspondence, and effectively presents information to senior management.
- Incumbent is accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating the company’s core competencies and values.
- 7+ years of transaction-based legal experience
- Prior experience with software license and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Prior experience with cloud-based contracting, regulatory issues and outsourcing transactions.
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills, with ability to influence at all levels and serve as a business advisor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong contract drafting skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and assessment skills including the ability to summarize results and conclusions concisely
- Reliable and consistent
This is a great opportunity to excel with a successful, and growing, company.