A public interest non-profit is seeking a full-time Paralegal. The Paralegal will:
- Ensure professional monitoring, collection, documentation, tracking
and management of client circumstances and related evidence, and to apprise clients of
status in cases, in coordination with counsel of record.
- For assigned jurisdictions, organize case files and document databases in both paper and
- For assigned jurisdictions track all case and docket requirements, and deadlines.
- Perform legal research, including cite checks and Shepardizing, on Westlaw and with
traditional research tools.
- Prepare discovery, pleadings, caselaw and document binders to prepare attorneys for
meetings, hearings and trial.
- Ensure arrangements for depositions, court reporters and service agents and ordering of
transcripts of every court proceeding in a timely manner.
- Support the legal team with excellent knowledge of all facets of Microsoft office, excel, and
Google Documents/Sheets, and other case management software.
- 3+ years of experience working as a litigation/trial Paralegal or legal assistant, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional proficiency with Westlaw, Google Drive, Macbooks, Microsoft Office,
timekeeping, client management and document management software.
- Experience with state and federal court rules and electronic filing.
- Experience in client management and an interest in working with youth and families.
- Highly dependable and available and able to respond quickly to litigation needs, including
short deadlines and in high pressure situations.